Friday, September 10, 2004

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat

Ok, yesterday's post got me reminiscing about all the fun involved in owning a cat. Here's a story from last year, not too long after we'd gotten Cheetah from the local SPCA.

One night I was up to my elbows in dinner preparations, when Natalie, darling child that she is, comes running in saying, "Mommy! The kitty pooped in my playroom!" Gag me. So, I turn off all the burners, grab a roll of paper towels and, like, 3 different cleaners/disinfectants and go to work.

Natalie had taken the cat into her playroom with her and closed the door so he wouldn't run away from her. She still doesn't get the fact that when the cat has to go away for a bit (to poop, pee, eat, or nap) that he will come back to her. That poor cat. *sigh* What made things worse was that Natalie's toys were scattered all over the place, and the poop was interspersed with them, so once I cleaned up the major areas, I had to inspect each stupid block, lego, stuffed animal, puzzle piece etc for poop. Darling Natalie also had some on her feet *shudder* -oooh, so gross- so I was a cleaning maniac. I even managed not to swear too much, but occasionally, the word "Shit!" did pop out of my mouth. Natalie would then respond, "That's not nice, Mommy!" Grrrrrr!

The house rule now stands, "No cats in closed rooms- ever!" I think Natalie finally understands the significance of that one. It was super-stinky stuff, not that cat poop normally smells divine, but I think that huge bag of Econo-Kat Fud from Sam's Club didn't help matters any. Add to that the fact that Cheetah is an orange tabby cat, and I have heard from many sources that orange cats stink the worst of all housecats- that is merely anecdotal, of course.

2 comments:

Scroller said...

I was checking out blogs by using the nextblog button at the top of my own blog and I can totally relate to that story,
I have a similar tale at http://canadianscroller.blogspot.com/2004/08/animal-magnetism.html
I hope you find the story as humourous to read as I did to experience it.
Keep blogging

Babs said...

Thanks! I read your story- hysterical! :) cats are wonderful critters.